About the artist

Since 1875 the LaCloche name has been synonymous with some of the greatest Jewellery and Objet's d'Art ever produced. LaCloche Frères was founded in Paris by renowned international jeweller, Leopold LaCloche, and his brothers. The brand was an instant success, and in 1904 LaCloche Frères expanded to London, establishing premises at 2 New Bond Street. As the House continued to grow in popularity over the next decades, branches were also opened in Aix les Bains, Barcelona, Biarritz, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Deauville, Nice, Madrid, Ostend, and San Sebastián.

With its visionary and artistic designs, LaCloche immediately attracted high profile early adopters, including The Prince of Wales and the Duke of Westminster, and in 1905 LaCloche procured the famous Agra diamond for one of its exclusive clients.

In Paris from their Place Vendome and Rue de la Paix premises, LaCloche was to fire the imagination of the finest Jewellers of the time. Particularly known for their Oriental themes, and the later Egyptian revival following the discovery of King Tutankhamen’s tomb, Rene Lalique and other great Artists and Artisans of the period jostled to collaborate with LaCloche Frères on the development of era-defining new looks.

Where LaCloche led, others would follow. The House’s signature design, the Jabot Pin, became a staple piece during the Art Deco period, inspiring Cartier, Boucheron, Van Cleef and Arpels and others. A firm leader in the luxury fashion sphere, LaCloche went on to be the first Jewellery House to produce its own perfume, "Parfum No1".

The House’s name has long endured in the imagination of Jewellery collectors and connoisseurs alike. From Prince Rainier to Grace Kelly, the most discerning have enjoyed bespoke pieces by LaCloche Frères. Much of the House’s historic Art Deco Objet's d'Art and Jewellery can be found in museum exhibitions and private collections: hundreds of handcrafted jewelled works of art reflecting the mood and discoveries of the period.