Vintage Fifties ring diamond loaded with a big starlite 1950
- About the artwork
Antique jewelry object group: ring
Condition: good condition
- (more info on our condition scale)
Country of origin: Not sure, but hallmarked inFrance
Style: Although most people would call this style Art Deco it is more considered to be a product of the fifties of the Twentieth Century. Strongly influenced by Art Deco but also by the Retro style. That to most people this is Art Deco is no coincidence as both Retro style and Fifties style are the style successors of Art Deco.or more info on styles
Style specifics: This type of jewelry is very specific for the fifties of the twentieth century. The Art Deco period preceded only 20 years and was still used as source of inspiration, it is (even for the trained eye) sometimes very hard to note the difference betweenArt Deco and Fifties.
Period: ca. 1950
- (events & facts of this era, poetry of this era, fashion of this era)
- (more info on precious metals)
Diamond(s): 16 old brilliant cut diamonds with an estimated weight of ± 0.47ct.
18 old brilliant cut diamonds with an estimated weight of ± 1.25ct.
Total diamond count: 34 pcs.
Total diamond weight: approx. 1.72 crt. with an average colour and clarity: H/K, si/i.
- All diamond weights, color grades and clarity are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
Precious stones: One starlite with an estimated weight of ± 3.75ct.
- All color stone weights are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April and zircon for December.
- (more info on birthstones)
Hallmarks: Although it carries a typical French control mark representing an owl, we cannot be sure it is actually French as the owl was also used for items in finished condition that were brought to be examined by the French Assay office (the eagle’s head was used for items brought in unfinished).
- (more info on hallmarks)
Dimensions: diameter of top 1,90 cm (0,75 inch)
Weight: 7,00 gram (4,50 dwt)
Ring size Continental: 52 & 16½ , Size US 6 , Size UK: L
Resizing: Free resizing (only for extreme resizing we have to charge).
- (more info on ring sizes)
Reference Nº: 17199-0399
Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewelry