Estate diamond loaded ear clips 1960
- About the artworkAbout artwork & Artist
Antique jewelry object group: earrings clips
Condition: excellent condition
- (more info on our condition scale)
Country of origin: Netherlands
Style: Sixties (of the twentieth century) or more info on styles
Period: ca. 1960
- (events & facts of this era, poetry of this era, fashion of this era)
Source of inspiration: Mother Nature (see also: flower symbolism)
Theme: blooming flower
Material: The earrings are tested to be 18K white goldbut the clips (the mechanism at the back) are marked 14K. This, most probably due to an alteration of the back system of these earrings.
- (more info on precious metals)
Diamond(s): Two brilliant cut diamonds with an estimated weight of ± 0.50ct. - 58 brilliant cut diamonds with an estimated weight of ± 2.60ct. - 24 single brilliant cut diamonds (also called 8/8) with an estimated weight of ± 0.40ct.
Total diamond count: 84 pcs.
Total diamond weight: approx. 3.50 crt. with an average colour and clarity: F/H, vs/si.
- All diamond weights, color grades and clarity are approximate since the stones were not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April.
- (more info on birthstones)
Hallmarks:The clips are marked with the Dutch control mark representing an oak leaf with the number 585, for 14K gold, that is in use since 1953.
- (more info on hallmarks)
Dimensions: diameter Ø 2,20 cm (0,87 inch)
Weight: 10,90 gram (7,01 dwt)
Reference Nº: 17164-0121
Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewelry