About the artwork
About the ArtistIn 1878 Joseph Marchak founded the House of Marchak, a fine jewellery company based in Kiev (formerly Russia). When the Russian Revolution broke out, the Marchak family fled to France and opened a jewellery shop in Paris in 1920. Due to both world wars business declined heavily, but after the 1950’s the company was revived by Alexander Marchak.
Alexander then hired Alexander Diringer to further develop the brand in France and Jacques Verger to branch out to the United States. Their bold, characteristic and colourful rings and brooches were especially popular amongst American customers and remain in high demand. Just recently, in 2010, the House of Marchak re-opened in Moscow and a new collection was created by one of its only heirs.